14 Books on SEO Marketing That you Should or Should not Read
Table of Contents
If you are looking to learn about SEO and what it is all about, we have a list of books you can begin your journey with. Remember SEO is a continuous learning process. The new algorithms are always updating and with each update are a lot of different rules for SEO.
1. The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
Author/s – Eric Enge, Jessie Stricchiola, and Stephan Spencer
Ratings – 4.5/5
Price – Rs 2100
Four highly recognized experts in SEO share rules and original techniques that help in planning and executing a comprehensive search engine optimization strategy. The second edition has updated information from the new algorithms such as new ranking factors that involve user engagement and information on social media.
2. SEO for Dummies
Author/s – Peter Kent
Ratings – 3.8/5
Price – Rs 2065
A very handy guide to show you how to get more visitors and visibility for a website. You will learn from the book how to get your site included in the best indexes and directories, and the most effective ways to spend your advertising dollars.
In addition to helping you avoid pitfalls, this third edition of Search Engine Optimization For Dummies offers advertising tips. Search engines will never be a challenge again!
Ready to Chat About
Books on SEO Marketing
Drop us a line today!
3. SEO for Growth: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web designers and entrepreneurs
Author/s – Phil Singleton
Ratings – 4.3/5
Price – Rs 1506
The following are some of the things you will learn from this book:
- Plan an editorial calendar and create and repurpose content.
- To increase engagement with your content, use multiple social media channels.
- You can also handle negative reviews while managing your online reputation.
- Use high-quality link-building methodologies instead of shady practices now penalized by Google.
- Organize your content and website according to keyword research.
- Get the most bang for your buck by using pay-per-click advertising.
- Develop a website that generates revenue and will help power your company’s growth for years to come.
4. SEO 2021 Learn Search Engine Optimization With smart internet marketing strategies
Author/s – Adam Clarke
Ratings – 4/5
Price – Rs 1988
For those who are interested in learning the basics of SEO, this is a great resource. It is notoriously difficult for users to keep up with the constantly changing Google search algorithm. In spite of that, the book uses the fundamentals to tell you about what will never change. We have provided plenty of useful links for you to easily find the information you need.
5. The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users
Author/s – Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick
Ratings – 3.6/5
Price – Rs 1460
In the digital age, social media presence is essential for growing your business. It has a number of tricks and tactics to experiment with and implement whether you are a new company, budding entrepreneur, or just socially active.
6. SEO Made Easy: Everything You Need to Know About SEO and Nothing More
Author/s – Evan Bailyn
Ratings – 4.5/5
Price – Rs 1687
This book is a revised and updated version of the acclaimed Outsmarting Google: SEO Secrets to Winning New Business by Evan Bailyn.
Things you’ll learn from this book
- Search success is built on trust, the #1 currency of the internet.
- Boost your Google ranking with the five most important elements.
- The 17 latest strategies for building links to boost your rankings.
- Nuclear Football is one of today’s #1 strategies for attracting targeted traffic.
- The effectiveness of each website element should be tracked in terms of traffic, engagement, conversions, and how it impacts the site.
- Avoid damaging “black hat” search engine optimization techniques, and avoid the dangerous myths that surround Google optimization.
- A systematic approach to converting SEO results into income.
- Get ready for an unprecedented revolution in social search.
- Use keyword tools to identify clients with high-profit margins that are underserved.
- Create powerful new partnerships and relationships by leveraging your content investments.
7. The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More
Author/s – Chris Anderson
Ratings – 4/5
Price – Rs 1794
In this New York Times Bestseller, you’ll discover a new chapter about Long Tail Marketing and a new epilogue that offers a glimpse at a future that’s already here.
An award-winning business book that won the Gerald Loeb Award.
Chris Anderson writes the most important book on business since The Tipping Point on the future of commerce and culture not being in hits but in what used to be regarded as misses – the endlessly long tail of a traditional demand curve.
8. SEO Like I'm 5: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization
Author/s – Matthew Capala
Ratings – 3.8/5
Price – Rs 12,259
For this price, the book better be selling a year’s subscription to all SEO apps.
As a result of how Google induced misinformation, this book provides a great illustration of the amount of misinformation about SEO and what it takes to rank in search engines. It’s a very clean “white hat” approach, but unless you’re lucky enough to have a big brand website, your website will never rank in search results. Such marketing strategies are typical of big agencies, which only ever deal with large companies and can therefore get away with a little content marketing.
Interested in what this book has to offer? You can read things about SEO on Moz.com.
9. SEO Workbook: Search Engine Optimization Success in Seven Steps
Author/s – Jason McDonald
Ratings – 4.5/5
Price – Rs 10,570
This book is invaluable to me as an affiliate marketer. First and foremost, I appreciate how clearly and effectively Jason writes. I also appreciate how he uses analogies to make SEO more understandable and relevant throughout the book.
You realize you have been overanalyzing and overthinking SEO for fear of making a mistake because you are approaching it from this perspective when it becomes less daunting.
It explains the common myths about SEO but also addresses the key points, the dos and don’ts, and thanks to Jason’s links to very useful videos and tools, it’s easy to learn SEO. The whole picture of SEO becomes more clear when you see it outlined in this way.
Throughout the SEO Fitness Workbook are worksheets and action steps that you must pay attention to, because only then will you be able to correctly understand how everything around SEO fits together in order to help make your business stand up from the crowd.
10. Ultimate Guide to Link Building
Author/s – Garrett French
Ratings – 4/5
Price – Rs 1292
It contains numerous methods and ideas for getting your site ranked in the search engine results pages, as well as generating huge volumes of traffic from related sites within your market or industry. While the process is outlined in this guide, there are some points and thought processes that are not covered entirely.
In parts of the book, methods describing highly complex concepts are discussed, but they are not explained in detail. Markets, niches, and industries are diversified and require a variety of approaches, terminology, and assets.
11. SEO 2020: Actionable, Hands-on SEO, Including a Full Site Audit
Author/s – Dr Andy Williams
Ratings – 4.5/5
Price – Rs 1727
Despite his good teaching abilities, Andy Williams knows thoroughly the topics or subjects he writes about in his book.
He wraps up his writing with a detailed explanation of the subject matter.
This teacher teaches like he lectures and you feel like a student in a lecture room, which increases motivation for learning.
You must update your SEO knowledge continuously because SEO is fluid. It is a testament in itself to Andy’s expertise that he updates SEO books on a regular basis almost every year.
In SEO 2019, Andy discusses a number of changes that have occurred in recent years, but he focuses more on covering the most current SEO requirements, including:
- Mobile devices
- Creating user-friendly content
- Latent Semantic Indexing (Andy is among the first few people who talked about themed content, but he followed it up and created software called Web Content Studio)
- Internal and external link building
- SEO relating to YouTube
- Schema structuring
- Silo structured websites
12. How To Get To The Top Of Google in 2020: The Plain English Guide to SEO
Author/s – Andrew Tuxford, Dale Davies, and Tim
Ratings – 4.5/5
Price – Rs 1246
Using plain English without jargon the book presents information clearly. It doesn’t delve too deeply. The site instead provides an overview of SEO along with a list of breadcrumbs that can be followed to learn more.
In the unlikely event that you don’t have the budget to hire a decent freelancer or agency, this book could become your bible. There’s a lot of nonsense and over-complication running around in this field, but there’s none of it here. It’s honest and to the point.
If you do have some basic SEO knowledge, you might find it a bit basic.
13. 3 Months to No.1: The 2021 "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
Author/s – Will Coombe
Ratings – 4.6/5
Price – Rs 1905
With over 10 years of experience in SEO, Will Coombe is a highly skilled entrepreneur. Hundreds of websites have been improved by him. A vast body of knowledge is shared in this impressive book.
– The book covers many aspects of SEO like Keyword Research, On-Page Optimization, Off-Page Optimization, Content Marketing, E-Commerce SEO and Local SEO.
– Will is really funny when explaining certain topics. So, you will most probably never be bored of reading the book.
– He also has a great “3 Month Blueprint” for getting to the top of Google.
– 10% of the book’s proceeds are donated to UNICEF.
14. Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
Author/s – Ann Handley
Ratings – 4.2/5
Price – Rs 1729
This book has great ideas for blog writing, social media marketing, article writing and more with a sense of humour to keep you chuckling whilst you read.
Sell your brand with this guide to better online writing. You will attract more customers and keep hold of your existing ones. However, I bought it as a guide to hobbyist non-fiction writing and I still learned beneficial ideas. The section on blog posting and social media I found particularly good with plenty of tips to get your message across to your audience. The first part of the book helps you plan out an article better and there is also a section to help you with grammar.
These books can be ‘yawn’ material and they don’t grip us like a good novel. They are there to teach us and sometimes that isn’t engaging but Handley’s sense of humour keeps you entertained throughout the whole book.
About the Author
My name’s Semil Shah, and I pride myself on being the last digital marketer that you’ll ever need. Having worked internationally across agile and disruptive teams from San Fransico to London, I can help you take what you are doing in digital to a whole next level.