SEO Competitor Analysis – Basic Tips to Analyze Your Competitors SEO
Do you have enough information to understand your competitor’s Search Engine Marketing Strategy? Being aware of their promotional strategy is very important in this competitive market. This small sample competitor analysis will assist you to figure out your competitors, find out how their technique is transforming over time and also get an idea that how they are going to impact your success. It is obvious that all are trying to find new techniques to grow.
Before executing any kind of online business, it is important to formulate an extensive listing of with whom you would deal. While designing your SEO competitor analysis reports pay attention to your prime business competitors. I would point you to consider all your competitors by:
- Listing Your Offline Competition
- Conduct an online search for your primary products or services as well as only add specific competitors with repetitive top listings for targeted keywords.
It is advisable to create a list of 5-10 business competitors based on how competitive your market is so that you can make use of this step competitor analysis structure to evaluate each competitor’s SEO tactic.
Competitor Keyword Analysis
Keyword analysis is the main phase to determine exact competition as well as search volume for targeted keywords.
On the basis of keyword analysis, List out below important factors:
- Competitors Keywords Ranking for targeted Keywords.
- How competitor incorporate keywords in Meta title, description, headings and content.
- What keywords have been used to generate backlinks?
As per the current SEO strategy, it is advisable to target long phase keyword as well as diversify significantly.
Ready to Chat About
SEO Services can grow your business?
Drop us a line today!
Competitor Onsite Analysis
Onsite optimization plays a vital role while considering keyword ranking.
Consider Competitor’s onsite analysis & note down following Points:
- Website Layout design including header, footer and sidebar.
- Keywords Incorporated in Meta tags, Headings (H1, H2, H3, etc), Content.
- Level of branding incorporated into content.
- Evaluate Home page as well as inner pages.
- Internal Linking Structure.
- Call to action statements, buttons, images and videos throughout the site.
- Does site has blog section, if yes? How they are promoting? Do they have Google plus AuthorShip?
- Does site has Social Sharing Buttons?
When you consider attributes of each of your competitor’s website, you are easily able to set up a full optimized website that leads to help improving search rankings, bounce rate, sales & lead conversion ratio.
Analysis of Competitors Link Strategy
Google panda and penguin has already affected many site due to traditional link building techniques or over optimization. It’s smart idea to find out competitors quality backlinks.
There are different tools available to find out the competitors backlinks as well as detailed competitors analysis. Checkout general competitor’s backlinks:
- Find Out Quality Backlink Profile.
- List out Numbers of Unique Domains.
- Guest Blogging Links
- Purchased Links
- Find out links by type (Forums, Sidebar, Profile, Article, Comment, Web2, Blogroll, Footer And Other Participating Links)
- List out Links To Specific Pages
- Anchor Text Relating To The Inbound Links
Competitor Backlinks Analysis Tools
- Ahrefs Site Explorer
- SEO Spyglass
- Majestic SEO Site Explorer
- Open Site Explorer
Analysis of Social Media Marketing Strategy
In my previous article, I have mentioned that how a social signals affecting search ranking? Social media marketing helps to improve search rankings as well as build brand promotion. It’s important to find out the ways competitors are promoting their products/services over different social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and other leading social networks.
Analysis of Competitors Other Promotional Strategy
List out Other Promotional Strategy Such As:
- PPC Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Offline Marketing
- Content Marketing (Press Release), etc.
The main purpose of analyzing competitors promotional strategy is to find out how they are ranking first on leading search engines that gives basis idea that where webmasters are lacking to achieve top rankings as well as it becomes easy to beat numbers of competitors. Don’t just stick to improve only link building strategy, but also give importance to different promotional activities.
About the Author
My name’s Semil Shah, and I pride myself on being the last digital marketer that you’ll ever need. Having worked internationally across agile and disruptive teams from San Fransico to London, I can help you take what you are doing in digital to a whole next level.