Tips For Outsourcing Link Building
Table of Contents
Link-building campaigns are more effective when outsourced
There’s a good chance your answer to the question would relate to time if you were to be asked what your greatest marketing obstacle is.
A lack of it specifically.
You will save time and be able to implement other SEO strategies by delegating link-building tasks to other people.
Should you remain unconvinced, keep reading to discover four additional reasons you may want to delegate link building tasks to professionals:
- Cost savings: Even though you have to pay for link building (typically per month) when outsourcing link building, the price is usually lower than the hourly wage you pay your staff plus the costs of the tools and software needed.
- Renting expertise: Unless you have extensive knowledge of the link-building industry, you can hire a professional with in-depth knowledge of the field. By creating links in this way, you’ll be gaining efficiency and boosting your odds of success.
- Reduced stress: Link-building professionals encounter fewer SEO issues, right? This allows you to relax when it comes to your SEO campaign.
- A firm view of your latest idea: If you have an innovative idea for your business, inform your affiliate to save time and money.
Here are 7 Tips for Outsourcing Link Building
When you’ve decided that an outside company is a good choice (after reading up on the benefits), the following tips will help.
1. Find out more about it
A good SEO company should be able to meet your needs and provide you with the link analytics you hope to achieve. Moreover, you should feel like the money you’re spending is worth it.
It is important to partner with someone familiar with both SEO and link building, as well as how the two interact with each other.
Whenever you hire a link building agency the following two goals should be taken into consideration:
- Allowing you to spend more time on more important things, by delegating tasks to someone else.
- Bring an increase in organic traffic, backlinks, and rankings.
For your business and the results you are looking for, you want to choose the best option. Here are some things to consider:
- Data about their past clients (case studies) – find out what past clients say about their services (particularly in your field).
- Reviews and testimonials – Identify past customers and read what they had in relation to the agency, both positive and negative.
- Prices and plans – look at the price and flexibility of their services.
In your first communication, be sure to ask any questions you cannot find on their website. Having no access to that information is a major concern, so it is a concern if they don’t have it.
Ready to Chat About
Outsourcing Link Building
Drop us a line today!
2. Work with an SEO-focused link builder
If you choose to hire a link builder, make sure that they have an understanding of SEO.
In other words, they’re more than a simple one-sided link builder.
All SEO elements must be understood, including how link building ties in with SEO.
The importance of link building cannot be overstated:
Therefore, an experienced link builder should be able to offer suggestions on how to optimize your website in order to ensure your link building efforts are successful and actually work.
Find out what they think by asking them these questions:
- What is their understanding of on-page SEO?
- What are their skills in creating good content?
- How well do they know Google’s newest changes to its algorithm?
Links work in conjunction with all of these elements of SEO.
Your link builder may not be as helpful in the long run if they have only one-dimensional understanding of SEO.
3. Performance-based Compensation
In order for your website to generate more traffic, a pay-for-performance pricing plan is the best option:
You only pay when you see actual results.
So your outsourced link builder will be motivated to produce quality links.
You will pay more for a higher-quality link.
It’s also important to establish KPIs.
Do you know how to measure the quality of backlinks, for example?
You could use:
- Domain authority: What is the domain authority of the website?
- Traffic generated organically: Are you getting visitors to the site?
- Are this website’s contents relevant to your industry/niche? Does the content make sense in context?
Before outsourcing, you should establish all these key performance indicators.
This will help you distinguish between good and bad links.
You should be as clear as possible.
4. Stay away from Black Hat SEO Companies
An example of black hat SEO is when search engines reward websites for dirty tricks that trick them into showing up higher in search results. Such tricks include:
- Overuse of keywords
- Writing guest posts from spun content
- Fake listings in directories
In short, you should refrain from hiring link-building companies that implement these techniques-you risk being penalized by Google for doing so.
Google’s algorithm continues to improve, making it harder for black hat SEO. However, all agencies are not alike. A few might offer black hat search engine optimization disguised as something else.
Before signing a contract with an agency, ask them about their link-building process.
5. Focus on optimizing the rest of your website's SEO
Your website’s ranking depends most upon link building.
Spend time optimizing other aspects of your website’s SEO as well if you truly want to build on your link-building efforts.
- SEO on-page optimization
- Regularly publish content that targets low competitive, volume-driven keywords
- User-friendly websites
- Make your meta description and title perfect
- Conversion rate optimization can improve your site’s effectiveness
You can enter the raffle by building links:
As a result, it will help you climb Google’s rankings to the first page.
In addition to optimizing your site, you must do everything you can to convert the traffic you get into leads, sales, and profits.
The importance of outsourcing link building cannot be overstated, however.
6. Make sure both parties have clear expectations
Lastly, both sides will need to establish clear expectations. Those expectations should include:
- Outsourcing your business based on the following goals (or reason)
- Communication frequency
- Communication methods
- KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) they’ll report on
- Reports you will receive and how often
7. Don't rush the link builder
To conclude, make sure that you can allow the link builder enough time to market your website.
A month’s worth of hiring someone to do link building is not worth outsourcing.
What’s the reason?
That’s because you can’t see results within a couple of weeks.
My clients typically see results from link-building three to six months after starting.
It takes patience to succeed in this long-term game, as with most SEO.
We’d all do it if it was easy.
It takes time and consistency for SEO to produce results.
There is a chance to obtain results in 30 days – and I have had some clients achieve this.
However, it is important to keep your long-term goals in mind.
You can’t just expect Google to return results right away when you see the first link.
It is much more difficult to build links than that, and results don’t appear immediately.
If you cannot invest in link building on a long term basis, don’t outsource it at all:
Because the results might not satisfy you.
In this guide, you will learn how and why you should consider outsourcing your link building projects if you are not already doing so. You can build your digital presence safely by outsourcing link building. Hiring an outside firm saves you both time and money, as well as the hassle of finding a candidate internally.
You can reach out to us if you need assistance with link building. If you have questions, we’ll be glad to answer them, and we’ll also discuss our outreach workflow.